High Level Performer,
Truly effective teams need to be on the same page. Shared values and goals create a common focus, no matter what kind of work you’re doing, and understanding one another’s personalities helps every member of the team see the whole landscape of strengths, shortcomings, interests, and expertise that they have among them.
Where does your team fall in this spectrum? Take this survey:
High Performing Team Model Survey
The attached worksheet – The Team Canvas – is designed to help you paint a picture of your team’s combined and individual traits, getting you (and everyone else) closer to operating with harmony and consistency.
- Create a thorough understanding of team dynamics, identifying both strengths and areas that need improvement for individuals and the group
- Establish roles, expectations, communication guidelines, and other critical team preferences
- Clarify common goals and plans to meet them
- Carefully consider each prompt on the worksheet
- Take the time to discuss each element with your team members
- Listen intently and ask probing questions
- Encourage honesty and transparency
- Fill out the sheet with how things actually are, not an idealized version of what you want them to be
- Clarity and new insight for everyone involved
- A reference document for guiding team development
- An exercise for team members getting to know each other
- Illuminate potential areas of conflict (where personal goals and team goals are not in alignment)
- A compass for directing people toward their best work
You can download the Team Canvas here:
Team Canvas Fillable Form.pdf
Take your time and fill out the worksheet diligently. Keep an open mind about what you learn, and use the information to connect people with tasks, roles, and opportunities that fit with their values!
For more information on how you can promote good performance in your team, watch the video below:
Leave A Comment